Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mondays, Wednesdays and what I've learned between 1P.M. and 3P.M. (On those days)

So it's been 4 weeks, and I'm that much closer to being a "distinguished" Alumnus of THE Ohio University. I know what you're thinking (maybe): "Pretty sweet, right?" Well, I'm terrified. The real world doesn't found like fun. Since I still have some school left, I figure I'll share with you what I've learned from my social media management class. Here are a few things:

The most interesting concept I've learned about so far is how much businesses use social media to better reach their audiences/consumers/markets. It's really cool to know that every single tweet, Facebook post and maybe even blog entry that mentions a social media savvy company, they know about it. They are constantly engaging with people through the social media mediums in a way that they never have before, talk about customer service. I would love to work for a company that utilized its resources to reach out through social media to better their company, its pretty sweet stuff.

Gatorade is super social media savvy.
With every class I take, there are some interesting things and some not-so-interesting things (some more so than others). The thing I could care about the LEAST, is the industrial revolution. I understand that it's important to know how we as a culture got here, but I just can't bring myself to give a darn. I've been learning about that era since 6th grade and its getting old. Stuff like that I just can't put a ton of effort into learning, knowing that I'll more than likely never be called upon to regurgitate that information ever again. In all seriousness, it's not all that bad....

SOOO BORING OMG TRAINS!


Going off into the real world scares the crap out of me. I have no freaking idea what to expect and I hope that I can land a job. What I can bank on is my understanding of social media, and how it will continue to grow and change the way we do EVERYTHING...even clean our rooms (I'm sure theres a blog for that). I like to hope that someone will give me $$$ do work in social media, that would be sweet. With the knowledge and experience I have gained will hopeful pay off....like in $$$ (I want a cool car)

HAVE FUN!!

Seriously, have fun. Or I'll send this guy after you!

-Eric





2 comments:

  1. I appreciate how authentic you are on all of your posts. I especially like your use of pictures on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very informative and entertaining blog. Your pictures are relative and funny. I appreciate the OU pride.

    ReplyDelete